Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default Sewage hole

stuff it with a rag, cover with a piece of plywood, anything will work.
And you can leave it that way forever if you please.

wrote in message
I am replacing the toilet and tiling in my small basement bathroom.
Since I am doing tiling I will need to have the toilet off for several
days. After I take the toilet off, do I need to plug the toilet hole
in the floor so no sewage gases leak into my house? Please advise if
necessary to cover the hole and what should I use? And if I have to
cover the hole, how long can I keep it covered?