Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Truckers slowing down to save fuel..how about you?

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 18:40:27 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

Jeez, how did you wind up with a crash box in a Corvair? Did you just let
your synchro rings wear out? g (I had a '63 John Fitch GT Monza, BTW.)

Well, it wasn't actually a crash box, but the synchros were a bit worn
when I got it. Both of them were '62 poptops. The one I bought from
the CHP officer (he had a new top put on) would do 90 on the freeway
more quietly than Mom's '63 Lincoln. He put a 100# sandbag in the
trunk and it rode very nicely. Hell, I used to follow my friends on
their dirt bikes in that beastie, taking smaller jumps and everything.
What a hoot!

--
Books are the compasses and telescopes and sextants and charts which other
men have prepared to help us navigate the dangerous seas of human life.