Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lew Hartswick Lew Hartswick is offline

Default Truckers slowing down to save fuel..how about you?

Larry Jaques wrote:
You sure learn how to drive with your own synchros on a crash box,
don't you? I did that with my old Corvair and impressed lots of
friends, both male and girl-. Sync the engine with the box and not
ever touch the clutch, except for stop signs and lights. Ah, the good
old days...

It did take a bit to learn to down shift on my Berkley.
A non synchro motorcycle transmission with a progresive
shift lever. But up was a dream, as fast as you could flip
that lever. Was a neet little machine but for the middle
cyl fouling the plug all the time.
...lew...