Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand Mark Rand is offline

Default Heating the garage shop

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 15:13:13 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 13:47:08 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Leon
Fisk quickly quoth:

They still haven't figured out what to do with the toxic
waste. How do you budget for keeping something safe and
secure for say 25,000 years? Hell nobody can predict even 5
years into the future at this moment in time...

France is held up as the gold standard for nuclear power.
They are now wallowing around in the waste and can't figure
out what to do with either.

I don't see why. Cites, please?

They're recycling all their old fuel and they're not nearly as
paranoid about super-low-level wastes as we are.

For most of the activity, a hundred years or so is reasonable, What's left
after that is not much more of a problem than living on top of granite. Anyone
know what the minimum safe storage time for the so-called carbon-capture CO2
repositories that are the coming fad are?

Why the h$ll aren't we working on fusion research as if it were the only
future for mankind?

May be a token Kumbaya is permitted here ;-)