Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Scott Townsend Scott Townsend is offline

Default Right-angle drills

I have both of the following... We bought the hammer drill after the hole
hawg (right angle) We started using the Right angle to drill into a concrete
slab, but it was not cutting it. Too low of torque or something, we switched
to another Milwaukee corded drill.

When we wanted to add stairs and needed to bolt anchored to the concrete I
bought the Bosch Hammer Drill. Talk about belting the concrete like
butter... Its a world of Difference... Though make sure you get the Hammer
Drill bits... we just used it with some cheap bit and it tore it up...

The Bosch Hammer Drill is not a monster like the big boy rotary hammer
drills. Its pretty much the size of a normal corded drill.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Milwaukee Hole Hawg, though its not made to
drill concrete. We use it mostly with Self-fed bits for boring holes in
studs, top plates, etc. Its great also for mixing concrete, grout, drywall
texture, etc...

Bosch 1/2" Dual Torque Hammer Drill
http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-1199VSRK.../dp/B0001408SE

Milwaukee Hole Hawg
http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-3107.../dp/B0000223HJ

Scott-

"Lowell Holmes" wrote in message

"Lowell Holmes" wrote in message

"Limp Arbor" wrote in message
I looked online at Milwaukee and Dewalt and was surpsrised the the
specs didn't show the distance from the tip of the chuck to the back
of the drill.

I stopped at Lowes last night and measured the Milwaukee and it is
about 5 1/2" with the chuck jaws fully retracted to the back of the
angle. Not nearly as small as I would like, anybody make one that can
get into tighter spots?

I need a 'real' drill not some right angle screwdriver from B&D since
I will be using this to drill into concrete. Yeah I know an impact
drill should be used but those things are gigantic.

snip

Your in luck. Google had this site at the top of the list.
http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/indus...ticleID=512774