Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis[_3_] mac davis[_3_] is offline

Default Right-angle drills

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 06:07:17 -0700 (PDT), Limp Arbor
wrote:

I looked online at Milwaukee and Dewalt and was surpsrised the the
specs didn't show the distance from the tip of the chuck to the back
of the drill.

I stopped at Lowes last night and measured the Milwaukee and it is
about 5 1/2" with the chuck jaws fully retracted to the back of the
angle. Not nearly as small as I would like, anybody make one that can
get into tighter spots?

I need a 'real' drill not some right angle screwdriver from B&D since
I will be using this to drill into concrete. Yeah I know an impact
drill should be used but those things are gigantic.

I bought a (corded) Milwaukee knock off on Ebay a couple of years ago on Ebay..
They called it a "close quarter" drill and it is, sorta..

I figured it might last for a few months and be a throwaway.. Only paid $30
w/shipping... Damn thing has sanded maybe 100 or so bowls and still running like
new..
The only thing I'd like is a keyless chuck, but I don't think the Milwaukee is
either, is it?

AFAIK, the Milwaukee is about the smallest real angle drill..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing