Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Abrasha Abrasha is offline

Default McMaster Carr bitch.

Rob Fraser wrote:
Well, just when you thought you heard it all.....

I am not surprised that they still treat their customers like that.
This is a note I wrote to them in 1996:

October 4, 1996

Ray Raus
Marketing
McMaster-Carr Supply Company
PO Box 54960
Los Angeles, CA 90054-0960

Dear Mr. Raus,

I have never been so insulted as by you and other representatives of
your company. I was interested in doing business with you, so I
requested your catalogue. I might as well have requested the Holy Grail.

On the phone I was "grilled" by your representatives, who wanted to know
how many people work in my company and how long I have been in business.
From the line of questioning it was painfully clear to me, that you
are not at all interested to do business with me, that you consider me
and my business insignificant and below your interest.

Well let me tell you, my business may be a small one, but it is not
insignificant. My work has been deemed significant enough to have been
purchased by the Smithsonian Institution for the permanent collection of
the National Museum of American Art as well
as by the Oakland museum.

I accessed your Web site. The first thing you announce there, is that
you are "a publisher of a catalogue". This catalogue, as with other
supply companies, is your only marketing tool. Yet you are not willing
to distribute it to a potential customer with money to spend.

You also say that you are "a customer-driven organization that strives
to give exceptional service". You don't even begin to understand what a
lie that statement is, given what my experience with your company has
been. If you were indeed customer driven, you would have sent me that
catalogue gladly, like other companies have done, and with who I have
been doing business I might add.

You suggest that if I need information on a specific product, the
information can be faxed to me. I have requested that on three
separate occasions. On all three occasions, the information faxed to me
was the wrong information. I bought the needed tools and supplies
elsewhere.

In closing I would like to say, that I will go out of my way, not to do
business with your company, because of your unmitigated arrogance and
insulting behavior towards me. How dare you treat people like that.
You have no honor.

Yours,

--
Abrasha