Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Lowell Holmes Lowell Holmes is offline

Default Right-angle drills

"Limp Arbor" wrote in message
I looked online at Milwaukee and Dewalt and was surpsrised the the
specs didn't show the distance from the tip of the chuck to the back
of the drill.

I stopped at Lowes last night and measured the Milwaukee and it is
about 5 1/2" with the chuck jaws fully retracted to the back of the
angle. Not nearly as small as I would like, anybody make one that can
get into tighter spots?

I need a 'real' drill not some right angle screwdriver from B&D since
I will be using this to drill into concrete. Yeah I know an impact
drill should be used but those things are gigantic.

I have a Dewalt right angle drill that is more than screwdriver, but it is
battery powered and is not an impact tool. IIRC, Milwaukee has a corded
right angle drill that is a drill, but again it is not an impact tool. I
suspect you may have a problem. The big box stores are not a good place to
look for unusual tools. I'm sure you must have googled right angle drills by
now.