Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Are we the only ones getting screwed ?????

In article ,
Brian wrote:

This may be off topic but here goes............

The price of home heating oil here in New Hampshire, USA just hit $3.799 a
gallon, up $1.50 since
September..... My question is, are we the only ones getting screwed here in
the US or has the price
gone up as much in other countries around the globe ????? I believe we're
getting it shoved up our
backsides because of George Bush's war ****ing the rest of the world off, but
that's just my
opinion... Please, I'm not looking to start a long flaming thread here, just
interested in what
other people in other "non Bush" countries are paying...............

Thanks

Maybe it's time to step away from that SUV:

According to Environmental Attorney Robert F. Kennedy, Jr, senior
counsel for the National Resources Defense Fund:

* If we raise fuel efficiency standards in American cars by one mile
per gallon, in one year, we would save twice the amount of oil that
could be obtained from the arctic national wildlife refuge

* Raise it by 2.7 miles a gallon to eliminate all the oil imports from
Iraq and Kuwait combined

* Raise it by 7.6 mpg, we eliminate one-hundred percent of our gulf oil
imports into this country

As a side benefit, if we don't need their oil, maybe we don't need to be
over there spreading "democracy" around.)