Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_9_] Frank[_9_] is offline

Default Are we the only ones getting screwed ?????

"Brent Bolin" wrote in message
On Mar 28, 7:42 pm, Boden wrote:
Brian wrote:
This may be off topic but here goes............

The price of home heating oil here in New Hampshire, USA just hit $3.799
a gallon, up $1.50 since
September..... My question is, are we the only ones getting screwed here
in the US or has the price
gone up as much in other countries around the globe ????? I believe
we're getting it shoved up our
backsides because of George Bush's war ****ing the rest of the world
off, but that's just my
opinion... Please, I'm not looking to start a long flaming thread here,
just interested in what
other people in other "non Bush" countries are paying...............

Thanks

The bigger issue is that oil is the most significant purchase that is
being made by the USA on the world market. If you look at the cost of
oil in terms of gold (ounces of gold per barrel of oil) the price is
quite good. The problem we have is that the the value of the US dollar
has fallen precipitously outside the US.

The problem we have in the U.S. is no drilling or refining. Going
green is the problem. It is reflected in the green that comes out of
your wallet.

The problem is all of the above and then some. The irony is we have plenty
of oil in the ground and a coal reserve of 200 years. No nuclear power plant
construction in decades either. Looks like oil will remain above $100/barrel
for a long time. I just paid $3.44/gallon for regular at Costco. Its
relatively cheap compare with some part of Europe at around $8/gallon. But
the Europeans are driving smaller and more efficient cars. They have much
more efficient clean diesel, we don't. But we don't care, we love our cars,
full size trucks and SUVs, very few takes public transportation and even
fewer car pools. 300hp is good, 400hp is better and 500hp would be ideal,
everyone should be able to do 0-60mph under 3.5 seconds. Our auto industry
is going backwards but they only manufacture what people buys. We all knew
its coming when we had those long lines wrapped around the block waiting at
the pumps during the 1970s. Corn ethanol is a joke and a disaster. Don't
blame Bush, he didn't start this and won't be able to end it either. Neither
could Hillary, Obama or McCain. We had done so little since and now in a
position of transferring our wealth to various countries that really don't
like us. At this rate we will be poor and don't have the means to defend a
major attack. What was that old saying? We have found the enemy and it is
us.