Posted to rec.woodworking
Father Haskell Father Haskell is offline

Default Tool Cabinet

On Mar 28, 11:02 am, Chiefwoodworker wrote:
Hi Folks,

I am in the process of designing a tool cabinet to hold my most
precious hand tools. I figure it will be approximately 4' wide by 3'
tall by 8 to 12" deep, with two doors. It will hold hand planes from a
24" jointer to my smallest block plane and many in between. It will
also hold marking tools, chisels, measuring tools, screw drivers etc.

Do any of you have a SketchUp model or ideas or suggestions or
pictures of one that I might look at? I will share the final model and
pictures with the group when I have completed it.

Joe....www.srww.com

Considered a standing chest? My plane box
is a large steamer trunk someone left by the
curb. Raised it up on legs to 34-1/2", placed it
between my bench and my saw, where it doubles
as an infeed table.

No dividers inside, just a piece of carpet to keep
the tools comfortable. Tools are very easy to
get to and put back. My plane collection is
large, and keeps growing. Any dedicated plane
storage unit would be rendered obsolete every
time I went to the flea market.