Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman Bruce L. Bergman is offline

Default Heating the garage shop

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 13:09:01 -0400, Wes wrote:

I think I'll hold off on deciding what form of heat I'm using until July
when the next propane contract is set.

Thanks for the info, electric heat used to be very expensive relative to gas
in my area. Times have changed.

A BIG factor in electricity is the cost of fuel, and whether it's a
'for-profit' utility that's trying to maximize return.

If your region is getting the bulk of their power from Hydroelectric
(no fuel costs at all, they just have to pay off the note for building
that big dam and buying all the land they flooded behind it) or the
like, and your local power utility is a Co-Op that isn't out to gouge
everyone, electricity could meet or beat fossil fuels.

But it's 'Man Bites Dog' rare. And the situation could change
drastically from year to year.

-- Bruce --