Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul J. Dudley Paul J. Dudley is offline

Default How can I repair a hole in shower wall ?

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:52:14 -0700, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Mar 28, 7:44*pm, "Paul J. Dudley"
wrote:
On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 08:53:28 -0700, DerbyDad03 wrote:

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *:
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * snip
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *:

Of course this assumes you are repairing a actual shower stall - you
didn't say specifically - and not one of those mobile home bathrooms
where the whole room is the shower stall.

* Ooops .. Actually there is a bath tub, three walls have sort of masonite
*type paneling, and of course shower head/faucets. No green board
*backing. Directly across from the faucet is the wall in question. Looks
*like someone punched a six inch hole in it. I had hoped to put a few
*strips of wood behind the hole secured in place by wires or such, and
*then filling in a couple of layers of fiberglass resin/cloth combination.
*Squeejee(sp?) each coat as flat as possible, sanding between coats
*to keep it somewhat smooth/flat. We aren't as concerned about looks
*but do hope to keep water from seeping through.

* = Paul =

We aren't as concerned about looks but do hope to keep water from
seeping through

I hope you will have a way to check your repair periodically - in
other words - see behind the wall.

It would really suck if water was seeping through and you didn't know
it until major damage had occurred.

Good point ... No. Actually there is nothing else 'tween it and the
hallway isle. Hmmmm .. I'll have to double check on that tomorrow
though. I'll check back in tomorrow eve when we knock off work.
Lotsa piddley things to do - it's an old trailer.

= Paul =