Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul J. Dudley Paul J. Dudley is offline

Default How can I repair a hole in shower wall ?

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 08:53:28 -0700, DerbyDad03 wrote:

:
snip
:

Of course this assumes you are repairing a actual shower stall - you
didn't say specifically - and not one of those mobile home bathrooms
where the whole room is the shower stall.

Ooops .. Actually there is a bath tub, three walls have sort of masonite
type paneling, and of course shower head/faucets. No green board
backing. Directly across from the faucet is the wall in question. Looks
like someone punched a six inch hole in it. I had hoped to put a few
strips of wood behind the hole secured in place by wires or such, and
then filling in a couple of layers of fiberglass resin/cloth combination.
Squeejee(sp?) each coat as flat as possible, sanding between coats
to keep it somewhat smooth/flat. We aren't as concerned about looks
but do hope to keep water from seeping through.

= Paul =