Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default Crumbling concrete garage floor

wrote:
We moved in to this house 4 years ago the house is about 12 years old.
The garage floor wearing down little bit by little bit, exposing the
stone aggregate. I'm guessing something like a 1/4" maybe more or less
from the surface. I don't know anything about resurfacing. The
garage is also a festival of dust when I sweap.

I thinking maybe not to etch and paint because I'm concerned that if
it continues to deteriorate, it will look worse.

I seam to remember someone once told me about some kind of failing
concrete hardener, but more than that I couldn't tell you.

Maybe some sort of clear sealer?

I'm looking for some ideas, guidence, direction, suggestions.

Unless you have 1000 times more cars rolling over your garage floor than
drive on a concrete freeway, I'd say it's not "wear and tear." Probably
something more basic, such as NOT being actual concrete.

I'd guess you've got a mock concrete floor.