Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Security System

On Mar 28, 1:31*pm, The Midnight Gardener The Midnight Gardener
wrote:
On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 08:53:07 -0700 (PDT), ransley

wrote:
On Mar 27, 9:07*pm, The Midnight Gardener The Midnight Gardener
wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good video security system? I need one that can
see at night,must be outdoor compatible, *uses motion sensing and can
record to a DVR. The most important thing for me is image quality, it
must be very good. I always see those grainy crime videos on tv and
wonder why someone even bothered paying money for the system.

http://midnightgardener.blogspot.com

www.supercircuits.com* have everything

Having everything is nice. What I really need to know are the
technical specs to look for that insures I have a good outdoor camera
that will work off of motion at night. I can look at cameras all day
but it does me no good if I don't know how well they will work and the
quality of the image.

http://midnightgardener.blogspot.com

I have a cheap 100$ camera- motion sensor, mounted above a motion
light, it works fine at 30ft but if you want to see hundreds of feet
you need something special, call supercircuts and tell them what you
need. I think their return policy is 30 days. Most anything sold now
is not junk since sensors are cheap. A cassette is only 330 lines of
resolution or about, dvds are 500lines and cameras are avalaible that
do 600 and are cheap. recording to vcr is a pain in the ass to review
tape, a digital recorder is much better for quick scanning.