Posted to alt.home.repair
Jones Jones is offline

Default Security System

The Midnight Gardener wrote in message

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 08:53:07 -0700 (PDT), ransley
wrote:

On Mar 27, 9:07 pm, The Midnight Gardener The Midnight
Gardener wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good video security system? I
need one that can see at night,must be outdoor
compatible, uses motion sensing and can record to a
DVR. The most important thing for me is image quality,
it must be very good. I always see those grainy crime
videos on tv and wonder why someone even bothered
paying money for the system.

http://midnightgardener.blogspot.com

www.supercircuits.com have everything

Having everything is nice. What I really need to know are
the technical specs to look for that insures I have a
good outdoor camera that will work off of motion at
night. I can look at cameras all day but it does me no
good if I don't know how well they will work and the
quality of the image.

Here is where you need personal opinions and examples of images. There are
many on select forums like the one I provided. I can show you some of my own
if you are interested. I have good ones and not so good ones and can provide
you with both for a comparison. I enjoy remote cameras that I use to shoot
birds at the feeder so I can show you image quality that would surpass your
needs. If all you want is to view one area it is simpler than what I do
which is to monitor 360 degrees around my home with remote zoom, tilt and
pan. I have wireless microphones that can listen to sounds that you can't
hear otherwise. I have everything including the ability to view images over
the internet and SW will email me photos when something activates the motion
recording which can be done with sound as well. I don't even have a need as
I live in a safe area with no crime that would even concern me. I just do it
because I can.