Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence[_2_] Lawrence[_2_] is offline

Default Fitting a 71' french door into a 74" sliding door opening

On Mar 28, 9:10*am, "Greg Kroll" wrote:
So I currently have a 74" Pella sliding glass door in my kitchen. After 35+
years it is literally falling apart. I came across a good deal on a "Hurd 6'
all wood doors, "FPD 3/4" Insl", antique trim and handle" *but it is for a
71" rough opening. I'm wondering if I could add a stud at either end (all on
one end?) to make the opening smaller? I figure as long as I attached this
??"cripple stud"?? to the jack studs with like 3" screws it should work
fine. What do you guys think?

--Greg

it sound OK to me