Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Heating the garage shop

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 13:09:01 -0400, Wes
wrote:

"42" wrote:

Electricity = $0.055 per kwh = $16 per million BTU

Propane = $3.69 per gallon = $49 per million BTU

Got this here http://www.travisproducts.com/CostOfHeating_WkSht.asp#

This is in Central Oregon where electricity is cheap (for now) and dino fuel
is expensive. Diesel is past $4.00 and propane isn't far behind.
Nice thing about electricity is the lack of required venting.
My .02, YMMV
42

$0.10764 per KWH here. $31.54 MBTU
last contract for propane was $2.00 a gallon. $26.64 MBTU

I think I'll hold off on deciding what form of heat I'm using until July
when the next propane contract is set.

Thanks for the info, electric heat used to be very expensive relative to gas
in my area. Times have changed.

Wes

Have you seen this site?

http://www.cis.state.mi.us/mpsc/reports/shopp/

The average residential prices for the week of:

Date Heating Oil Propane
Mar. 24, 2008 $3.81 $2.41
Mar. 17, 2008 $3.79 $2.43
Mar. 10, 2008 $3.65 $2.44...

As long as your State of Michigan tax dollars are paying for
it you should take a peek at it now and then.

For current futures pricing look he

http://www.oilnergy.com/1propane.htm

or here to look at oil, gas...

http://www.oilnergy.com/