Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wilkins Ice Shelf disintegrating

Ned Simmons wrote:

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:10:42 -0600, Lew Hartswick
wrote:

Now if the temp of the entire ocean change by even 5 deg it would
be 999.7838 kg/m cubed which is a change of .019 %
I don't see any attempt to claim the Entire ocean could change
by that in any event.
...lew...

Don't forget the average depth of the oceans is over 10,000 ft; .019%
of 10,000 is 19 ft.

Using numbers for seawater rather than fresh, I get an increase in
water level of 10 ft for a 1 degree C increase in temp from 10 to 11
degrees. (Ignoring the increase in surface area of the oceans due to
coastal inundation, but you get the point.)

So, you are saying all the water in all the oceans will rise at the
same rate?

--
aioe.org is home to cowards and terrorists

Add this line to your news proxy nfilter.dat file
* drop Path:*aioe.org!not-for-mail to drop all aioe.org traffic.

http://improve-usenet.org/index.html