Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Wilkins Ice Shelf disintegrating

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:10:42 -0600, Lew Hartswick
wrote:

Now if the temp of the entire ocean change by even 5 deg it would
be 999.7838 kg/m cubed which is a change of .019 %
I don't see any attempt to claim the Entire ocean could change
by that in any event.
...lew...

Don't forget the average depth of the oceans is over 10,000 ft; .019%
of 10,000 is 19 ft.

Using numbers for seawater rather than fresh, I get an increase in
water level of 10 ft for a 1 degree C increase in temp from 10 to 11
degrees. (Ignoring the increase in surface area of the oceans due to
coastal inundation, but you get the point.)

--
Ned Simmons