Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

Default Truckers slowing down to save fuel..how about you?

Ed Huntress wrote:

I didn't buy the Fiesta to race. It was my wife's commuter, and it had over
120,000 miles on it when I took it to driver's school. At 144,000 I replaced
the engine with a used one I extracted from a junkyard car that had been in
an accident, which had 42,000 on it. It was a good engine and I think it was
the one that Bob Connell wound up using to win some ITC races at Lime Rock.

Those engines are in demand now from the FF crowd, who long ago ran out
of Cortina and then pinto 1600s.