Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default Ceramic Disc Capacitor Value?

In uk.d-i-y, George wrote:
By the by I've come up with an ingenious idea that suit other people lie me
who repair anything electronic...

My peepers are not up to scratch anymore when it comes to repairing
electronic circuit boards and components ie dry joints are sometimes hard to
detect PCB tracking fractures ect ect so I am using one of the wireless
cameras I bought of ebay which the reciever is connected to a good composite
monitor and as the camera can get real close up it reveals the finer dry
joints or circuit tracking fractures the naked eye cannot without the help
of a magnifier.

So what do think about that? :-)

Ingenious, but rather clumsy and expensive for a magnifying glass!
Simpler options are supermarket reading glasses (strong, +3.0) or a
jeweller's loupe.

--
Mike Barnes