Posted to uk.d-i-y
George George is offline

Default Ceramic Disc Capacitor Value?

"Mark" wrote in message

Well you may be lucky but a Cap letting go like that, will more then

likely
result in something else going tits-up first or after.

-

The quick-low fuse goes first. ;-)

Years ago the old TV's had mechanical fuses on some sets and I kept a few of
these because they became a god send in respect to the glass type fuses when
repiaring the TV and Vids ie to save on fuses blowing whilst doing the
repair you would solder the mechanical fuse to the fuse tracking and if it
still blew the fuse all you had to do was push the red button to reset the
mechanical fuse until you sussed out why the fuse kept blowing.

Alas I lost those mechanical fuse over time. :-(