Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boiler/central heating - replace?

tvmo wrote:
Thanks guys.

Any advice on what brand/type of boiler I should go for?

Not from me ..gas? oil? nucleasr fission :-)?
Is there any type of radiator that is better than another, i.e. high-
efficiency, low ongoing costs?

No. All the heat that goes in comes out. Soemwhere. That's the odd
things about radiators. All one can say is that of your CH pipes go
OUTSIDE teh insulation - i.e. through a cold roof - the bigger teh
radiator the lower the tempearture they need to run at and the less
losses you will get.

If your boiler works better at low temperatures alos, thenuse larger
rads also.

I've got 13 rooms in the house, can anyone give me a rough estimation
on how much this is likely to cost?

A fair bit. Id say between 5 and 7k but thats a guess only.

Any advice on how to get the best price and advice out of a plumber?

Ignore the advice, and get him to sign a written contract. ;-)

Cheers