Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Slightly off topic, but...

clipped

Someone is feeding your new friends. I finally found the source of my
problem which was a neighbor, several houses away, that fed her dogs
outside and left food outdoors for them.

I have seen the same. I also had mice storing dog food around the
burner of my gas clothes dryer - fire department helped me figure that
one out ). Bird feeders are a great source for all kinds of rodents -
my son's neighbor has about six bird feeders in their front yard and a
herd of rabbits shows up early every morning for breakfast.

There was an excellent piece on these charming rodents that covered
the entire front page of the Dallas Morning News House & Garden
section on Sunday, 11/20/1998 titled "Oh, Rats." Seems Dallas has
been taken over by rats. It has. They are an epidemic there. Maybe
you're seeing them as they migrate south to Austin.

Move north, at -20F I no longer have rats.

Sure you do. They just spend more time indoors )

Good luck.

Boden