Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default McMaster Carr bitch.

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:34:17 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Paul K. Dickman" quickly quoth:

-snip-

Frankly, I have a problem getting rid of their catalogs.

You haven't tried selling them on eBay, have you? People line up for
miles. New ones are going for $60 there right now, Paul.

Holy crap! Just looked at their completed listings. $60-70
[including shipping] is standard for the new catalog - though I see
one over $80 with a 'Buy it now'.

But how about that 1939 catalog for $492 --

Makes you wonder if the 'bitch' was just supplying her ebay friends.
Given the likelihood of hanky-panky I'd be sure to drop the CEO a
line.
[actually my first instinct if I was in the op's shoes would have been
to ask to talk to a supervisor-- and then *their* supervisor, and so
on until a catalog was in the mail]

Jim
[Doesn't seem to be a market for the unsolicited Northern Tool catalog
I got yesterday.g]