Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Removing an electric baseboard heater

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 02:01:18 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Christopher Nelson" wrote in message
I have a 4' electric baseboard heater where I don't want it. There
are two other heaters in the room totaling around 25' of baseboard and
I'd like to just remove the short piece. Is it as simple as removing
the baseboard and capping the wires? Is there anything I should look
out for?

Depends on how they are wired. If it is a single unit on a breaker by
itself, remove the wires from the breaker and remove the heating unit. If
they are daisy chained, you'll have to put in a junction box and run a wire
to the next heater in the series. Remember, you are not allowed to have a
junction box hidden in a wall.

But you can have it recessed in the wall, right? The cover has to
show, but even that can be painted or wallpapered, right?

As for capping the wires, put them in a box,
not dangling with wire nuts on the ends.