Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] l.vanderloo@rogers.com is offline

Default fruitless mulberry trees

Hi Paul
Mulberry is beautiful turning wood, yes it is Yellow when new and age
to a deep shimmering honey brown, you hear people oohhh and ahhh over
Osage Orange but few can tell the difference between Osage Orange and
Mulberry, which is a close relative.
It does like to check and split if not dried properly, you do have to
make sure to slow down the drying and you should be OK.
I have turned lots of Mulberry and Osage Orange as well, I do have a
couple of pictures in Albums from some Mulberry turnings, you'll have
to look if you are interested .

http://homepage.mac.com/l.vanderloo/PhotoAlbum12.html

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

On Mar 26, 9:30*pm, "Paul Gilbert" wrote:
An item on Craig's list was for free fruitless mulberry tree trunks which
have been cut down, but not cut up (trunk size 22"). *I know nothing about
mulberry. *Is this worth the effort to apply chain saw to trunk and make
some turning blanks?
Thanks
Paul Gilbert
Dallas, TX