Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Slightly off topic, but...

"Dave in Houston" wrote:

No, you don't. I used to keep my two four-wheelers locked in the
shed out at the ranch. gd rats chewed some of the wiring harness on
one which cost me several hundred bucks to get replaced.

Could have been worse.

Had a customer with a 1,200 amp switchboard to service the factory.

One cold winter night, a rat got into the switch board and created an
arcing ground fault which started a fire and burned the switchboard
down.

Factory was shut down for better part of two weeks.

My factory built a new board in less than a week witch included a lot
of premium overtime.

Could have been worse, at least the plant didn't burn down, thanks to
the quick volunteer fire dept response.

Lew