Posted to alt.home.repair
Mamba Mamba is offline

Default Finishing a basement ceiling

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Mamba" wrote in message
Looking for ideas for a low-cost and easily removable ceiling treatment
for a cabin basement. It is (and has been for years) bare joists with
insulation and visible wiring, so just about any treatment will be an
aesthetic improvement.

The ceiling is about 9' high, and I am just finishing getting insulation
up between the joists. Wanted to put up something that I could take down
easily to run additional wiring, etc if required. So drywall is out, as
is most panelling and drop celing styles.

Think about this for a moment: If dropped ceiling panels were hard to
take down easily for wiring or other modifications, why are dropped
ceilings used in thousands of commercial buildings??? Lift the ceiling
panels, move them aside, and there's your wiring. Much easier than pulling
down stapled fabric.

My own internal shorthand caused that description to come out wrong. I was
more concerned about the cost and work involved to put in the dropped
ceiling than any issues with removing it for future tasks. In my brain I
was thinking "cheap, fast and easy", while my hands typed "easy".