Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Noisy dishwasher that manufaturer won't repair

On Thu 27 Mar 2008 02:18:35p, Frank Robinette told us...

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:15:39 -0700, "DGDevin"
wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Two different issues. If the warranty is over, now matter how PO'd
you are, the manufacturer has no legal obligation to fix anything. As
for cost effective, that is another issue. Most appliances are
rally cheap to buy compared to what they were years ago. That can be
both good and bad.

It's no coincidence that appliance makers now are as eager to sell you
an extended warranty as they are to sell you an appliance, and that
failures tend to happen just after even the extended warranties expire.

I have a refrigerator made by General motors handed down from my
grandfather, that still works fine and has had only 1 freon charge
that I know he ever gave it 60 yrs old beat that

Okay, I have a General Electric monitor top refrigerator that my
grandparents bought in 1927 which has never had even one service call and
still works as well as the day they bought it.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Thursday, 03(III)/27(XXVII)/08(MMVIII)