Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default McMaster Carr bitch.

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 23:44:10 +0000, with neither quill nor qualm, Mark
Rand quickly quoth:

Works both ways. I get extremely irate when I am forced to pay more per hour
than my company charges for me as a senior engineer to have some ignorant oaf
do a worse job than I would do on a car, household appliance etc.

I hear that.

The trade licensing systems are nothing more than legalised closed shops. We
have the situation that I, an Electrical engineer, our site's chief electrical
engineer and our main cabling contractor are all qualified, as is, to work on
electrical installations in industrial plants any current, any voltage. But we
are not legally allowed to do wiring in our own houses without paying $900/yr
registration fees.

Gee, no guns, no knives, and licensed DIY? That's a major Nanny
State. Condolences.

Add in no owning HP gas cylinders, the in-progress ban on fire
extinguishers and plenty of other insanity.

If I were you, I'd either revise my governmental unit or leave the
country. Across the pond, we're expecting a governmental unit
revision RSN.

Do not leave the country - *fix* the country before it's too late.