Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
[email protected] presenceritchie@yahoo.com is offline

Default safe to start lawn mower after 7 years?

On Mar 27, 9:30*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Mar 27, 8:57*am, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
No, he's busy selling bagels.
* *http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdFbU...eature=related

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

On Mar 25, 8:27 am, wrote:

I have a Murray lawn mower w/ Briggs and Stratton engine, bought in
'97, used until '01. In '01 I emptied the gas and ran some gas
stabilizer through, and replaced the oil. It's been sitting in the
garage ever since. Is it safe to try to start it, if I put in fresh
oil and gas, or is it going to explode or something? Thanks.

Didn't Murray ever ask for his lawn mower back?

No, he's busy selling bagels

Ahh...how I long for the days of the independentbagelshops, where
they (we) hand rolled eachbageljust prior to boiling and baking.

I used to deliver bagels for a friend's shop in Queens NY, filling 70
- 80+ bags with 5 dozen steaming hot bagels from the coffins at 3AM,
boroughs of NYC, dropping off bags at various grocery stores and delis
- all before most opened for business. Old style - leave the bags of
fresh baked goods in front of the door for the owner to carry in when
he arrived.

I'd chat with the owner of an Italian deli in Brooklyn over a quick
cup of coffee, grab some hot doughnut holes from the bakery at the
Pathmark in Queens, and drive the 2 mile Verrazano-Narrows Bridge at
stupid speeds. The cops in Brooklyn would turn around at the toll
booths as would the cops on Staten Island. Never saw a cop *on* the
bridge unless there was an accident. Topped 100 MPH on more than one
occasion. Like I said - stupid.

The Bruegger's and Manhattan Bagels of the new world have just about
eliminated the independents, just like the Lowe's and HD's have done
to the neighborhood hardware stores.

Sigh...- Hide quoted text -

yeah... check out this crazy bagel bitch going off on Bruegger's!
http://www.apexnc.com/forum/forum_po...109&PN=1&TPN=1