Posted to alt.home.repair
charlie charlie is offline

Default Slightly off topic, but...

"Robert Allison" wrote in message
news:x%PGj.5711$rb6.4621@trnddc01...
My question is about rats. I have a shop that has been invaded by rats
and I am currently without a cat that catches mice and rats. My old cat
kept them at bay, but the new one just likes to watch them, apparently.

Anyway, I have set out rat traps and I have shot 2 with my pellet gun.
The first night with the traps I caught 3 rats. After 3 more nights with
reset traps and new bait, not a single rat.

I am wondering if rats learn to avoid traps after they see what they do,
or did I get them all the first night? I don't know if I am just lucky
and there were only five rats, or whether they all left after realizing
they weren't welcome, or whether they have learned to avoid being seen and
to avoid the traps.

Anyone know?

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

if they can learn mazes they can learn where the traps are, or smell you on
them.