Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Driveway Lifted by Root

"The Ranger" wrote in message
I am unlucky enough to have city-planted liquid amber planted on my little
strip of meridian. The damned tree is older than my house and over 70' tall
with a trunk that measures 20". The root system for this behemoth is extensive
and a source of constant pain for me.

The latest issue I have is the off-shoot root that is now lifting my driveway
entrance slab. It's lifted the entire _piece_ of cement three inches making
entrance and exit of my driveway exciting. The cement isn't broken; I'm not
looking to destroy it either.

I'd like to lift the slab and thus remove the root causing the problem without
breaking the slab into multiple chunks. Is there a way of do this?

Is the tree going to die or fall over after you remove a major root?