Posted to alt.home.repair
Wayne Whitney Wayne Whitney is offline

Default suitable replacement for anchor bolts?

On 2008-03-27, BobK207 wrote:

On Mar 26, 7:24 pm, Limp Arbor wrote:

I do some googling, talk to the guys at 84 Lumber, and submit my
paperwork planning to use Simpson UFPs in place of the anchor bolts.
A few day later I get a call that my application is rejected because
the Simpson UFP is only rated for installation in a concrete
foundation not in concrete block even if the top course is grout-
filled (which is what I have).

this product should do the trick
http://www.strongtie.com/products/connectors/UFP.asp

Bob, I think you missed the above paragraph of the original post. I'm
not aware (in my limited awareness) of a UFP type product that has been
tested in grout filled concrete block--although one might think it
would work about the same as cast concrete.

Cheers, Wayne