Posted to alt.home.repair
The Ranger The Ranger is offline

Default Driveway Lifted by Root

I am unlucky enough to have city-planted liquid amber planted
on my little strip of meridian. The damned tree is older than
my house and over 70' tall with a trunk that measures 20". The
root system for this behemoth is extensive and a source of
constant pain for me.

The latest issue I have is the off-shoot root that is now
lifting my driveway entrance slab. It's lifted the entire
_piece_ of cement three inches making entrance and exit of my
driveway exciting. The cement isn't broken; I'm not looking to
destroy it either.

I'd like to lift the slab and thus remove the root causing the
problem without breaking the slab into multiple chunks. Is
there a way of do this?

The Ranger