Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default Repair 1mm pitch nylon cog?

No broken teeth as such , just frayed/feathered tooth tips , in a very low
torque drive, reduction drive. And the feathering/bunching eventually causes
the gear train to stall.
It is attached, co-axial, to a fine pitch worm drive, with no salvaged
eqivalent around. I think I can turn the worm plus cog assembly around on
the axle and glue a salvaged 1mm pitch cog to the other end.

But just wondered if anyone has tried heating a revolving 1mm pitch brass
cog and remelting a nylon cog or any other technique ?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England