Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Frithiof Andreas Jensen Frithiof Andreas Jensen is offline

Default Oil prices climb to $101.11 a barrel...

"John Larkin" skrev i en
meddelelse ...
On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 12:34:53 +0100, "Frithiof Andreas Jensen"
wrote:

How long does "All over" last?

Forever - Until a new fiat currency is created, which will eventually
implode too. Destruction through lack of confidence, fraud or oversupply of
money is part of the natural life cycle of currencies.

This is mostly the usual market
psychology positive feedback nonsense, stupid money following smart
money. There's no fundamental reason for the Euro to keep climbing
against the dollar. This is just a bit of noise and ringing in the
system.

Interest rates in EUR are higher than in USD. That's pretty fundamental. The
EUR will climb to at least the level where one gets the same returns - and
of course the EUR will continue higher as long as Bernanke is spamming the
world with US paper.

As far as I'm concerned, if a bunch of Arabs and Chinese enjoy buying
dollars when they're high, and selling them when they're low, why
should we interfere with their fun? We had similar fun with the
Japanese a while back, selling them buildings and golf courses for
gigabucks a pop and buying them back later for a fraction.

Eventually even people as stupid and inbred as the Chinese central bankers
and Arab "investors" obviously are will grow tired of that particular game
.... and who will then be the buyer of US denominated paper? Anyone *more*
stupid around?? Normally one runs out of stupid buyers on the end of an
upcycle - doing it on the downswing is not so good.

But should I raise my european pricing, and make more money now, or
keep it the same and swipe market share, which might be better in the
long term?

Does any of all that matter if all you happen to "produce" is rebranded
chink stuff and the Chinese decide to cut out the American middle man and
get paid directly to EUR? The native US manufacturers, you might be among
them, are doing Ok but they are too few to stem the bleeding!

John