Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Repair wrought iron railing?

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 06:50:32 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

I live in a city of about 200,000 people, and if I look for "Metal" in the
yellow pages, there are several pages of listings. Rather than call all of
them, I'd call a mason to get the name of a metal shop than makes and/or
repairs wrought iron fences. The mason works on porches, so he should have a
name or two to give you.

What I've done when I needed a dentist was call another dentist for a
recommendation.

When I needed a gastro-enterologist, I called a gastro-enterologist.
I know him personally, and he said to me, Well, I'm a
gastro-enterologist. I said "I know, that's why I figured you know
others, but I can't go to you just because we're friends. That's no
way to choose a doctor."

The number of "metal" listings in your yellow pages.

I'd be willing to guess that a yellowpages.com search for "mason" is
going to return more businesses than a yellowpages.com search for
"wrought iron".

My point being that you suggested calling "a" mason to find a wrought
iron guy, but there are more masons to call than wrought iron guys.