WALT K

Default cutting a rug to make room for shop(not danceing)

its fairly easy use a dryway knife with fresh blade you may have to
change a blade lay down a strait edge 4 or a 6 foot leval works as
dows any strait 2x4 " cut the carpet where you want peel back
carpet to be removed and any loose padding underneath you may have
to scrap if padding was glued down a square edge shovel works great
for this scap the padding save carpet yo have removed if yuor
gonna have to replace latter on
probley around the edge of the floor you will find tack strip remove
that a wonder bar and a claw hammer work great here wear gloves
because of the spinters and the sharp tacks sticking through the
wooden strips
go to home depot or other carpet section and get some new tack strip
and a metal strip called a tranissition strip to go from a carpeted
floor to bare concret get enough of both to cover yuor new cut
check with the how to books on carpet laying for applying tack strip
and streching the carpet

or you could find a carpet layer guy to do the work for you if your
talking about makeing a striat line and no tricky cuts to work around
thsi sounds like about a one hour job for a carpet pro who has al lthe
tools

thsi might be cheaper in the long run

On 13 Jul 2003 17:26:11 -0700, (Tony D.) wrote:

Hi
I am setting up a wood shop in a basement that is carpeted over a
cement floor. I need to cut the rug away from the shop area, before I
partition it.
But I don't want the rug to unravel where I cut it. Do you think if I
install 2 face carpet tape all along the area where it is cut that
will hold it together, and/or maybe position the bottom plate of the
partition over the "seam" securing the bottom plate with anchors into
the cement (not through the rug),this would keep the carpet from
fraying?
Hope this makes sense?
Thanks, Tony D.