Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default Making your phone ring

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:54:54 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 08:34:54 -0400, Don Wiss wrote:

When I'm traveling I cut myself completely off. No telephone calls. No
e-mail. The only electronics I carry is my camera.

I do leave an itinerary behind. So if something important happens, e.g. a
death in the family, I can be reached.

I agree. A vacation is to get away.

BTW if someone did die and they couldn't tell you right away what
would happen? They wouldn't still be dead when you got home?

Well, on my Ireland trip I did not leave a detailed itinerary behind. I
spent two weeks driving from B&B to B&B, with the next selected each
afternoon. I had no contact with home. My parents (at the time 84 and 86)
later said they did not realize I had not left a detailed itinerary (just
the flights and the first night). Would they have waited? Or held the
funeral without me? I guess I'll never know.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).