Luigi Zanasi

Default Do I need biscuits?

On 14 Jul 2003 21:48:06 -0700, (Jeb Sawyer)
scribbled

The reason I was planning on adding the MDF is to
increase the rigidity of the table top as I am building it as a desk
for my girlfriend and I have some reservations about 1" cherry being
able to handle the weight over time and not bending in the middle.
But this once again could be my own naivete.

The MDF is a no-no, like the others have said. Check out the
"sagulator" to see if your 1" will be enough. If it is, or there is
little sag, then adding the edging will add suspenders to your belt.
:-)

http://www.woodbin.com/calcs/sagulator.htm

Luigi
Replace "no" with "yk" twice