Andrew Barss

Default The SawStop, How will you let it affect you? (Long)

The estimated cost to include this safety feature in a new saw is
well under $100. I think you're moanly loudly about a small matter.

Do you refuse to buy a car because they have to come with brakes,
brake lights, turn signals, and seatbelts?

You're also making a factual and logical error by deeming (paraphrase
here of your statement) "my safety is a completely personal matter".
If you cut your hand off with your tablesaw, and rush off to the hospital,
part or all of the cost of fixing you is borne by other people
with your health insurance plan, and/or taxpayers. This is strictly
personal only if you live in a cabin somewhere and cauterize your own stump.

-- Andy Barss