Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Wilton tradesman vise vs. HF 5655

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 06:29:12 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus13009 quickly quoth:

On 2008-03-26, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 19:58:19 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus6291 quickly quoth:

On 2008-03-26, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:

I've been beating on my 6" Chinalloy vise from HF for over 30 years
now and I've had no problems with it. I frequently use all 200 lbs on
the bar to secure things, too. No big.

I had one that went bad on me.

Did you return it and the second one works fine? Or did the second
also fail, so you returned it for your money back and bought something
else, I hope?

I did not feel comfortable returning it.

What with the thermite stains and all? I see your point.

--
Change is the process by which the future invades our lives.
-- Alvin Toffler