Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default Gunner and my 16X40 victor

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:58:38 -0700, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields"
wrote:

Gunner: I'm in the process of turning a new adapter for the rotor tach
generator on my helicopter. I have been able to hold below 0.002. Not bad
for a retired EE (that has tried to drill once with his cordless drill
turning the wrong direction. Thought it was the HF drill bit) using a tired
lathe. Your tweaking really made a difference. I was leery about using the
carriage feed before but now?? Look out I will be making new SS dinnerware
for the wife. (Right. Selling SS dinnerware to a potter!) You may have
created a monster. Chips everywhere.
Thanks again
Stu

Excellent!
Thats a pretty good lathe, and with some experience, you will be able
to cut finer than that with time.

Need anything, call me and Ill send over a care package

Gunner