Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default Warm Air alternatives

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 11:08:45 +0000, Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Cicero" wrote in message
news
I did read what you wrote. You wrote:

"Why put rads in and have an inferior system when there is no need to."

That is a very clear statement that
wet heating systems are inferior to
warm air systems.

As clear as day!

snipped a great deal of hot air

The fact that it's the preferred system in America has no particular
relevance
to this country where houses generally are smaller and built to
different standards.

A house is a house wherever it is, and the discerning Americans prefer
forced air. Instead of trying to play the know-it-all and making
yourself out to be foolish, best learn more about forced air, heat
recovery and vent.

==================================
Basically you're saying that you know better than about 99% of the British
heating / ventilating industry.

Warm air heating has virtually no penetration of the domestic market in
this country for the obvious reason that people have decided that it
doesn't compare very favourably in overall terms with the tried and tested
wet system which is basically simple to install and maintain, cost
effective and well-suited to our climate.

Remember that the OP asked for alternatives to warm air heating and
pointed out that the J&S representative wouldn't tell her the price of the
boiler he wanted to install. Anybody that says, "Trust me, I'm a
salesman", is certainly not a person to be trusted to tell the truth about
their product. Restricted product information equals fishy deal to me.

A few pictures of your own warm air installation might be informative, but
not fully convincing.

Cic.

--
Using Ubuntu Linux