Fraser

Default Wiring a 3 way light switch.

"Mike Hibbert" wrote in message
Hello all,

we moved recently and the previous owners took all the wall lights before
they went. I have replaced the dangling ceiling roses OK and fitted some

new
wall lights where the old ones used to be. But....... they don't work. I
have checked the following.....

Contact your lawyer, this is completely unacceptable. Most purchases are
stated in the contract as for the home and "fittings". While you may take
lampshades and mirrors, removing the actual lights themselves is just not
on! If you want to do that, you switch them to other fittings before put the
home on the market.

If your lawyer agrees with me, you may be able to have a proper electrician
do the repairs at their cost. Remember, you've just bought an extremely
expensive item from the previous owners, you don't owe them a thing.

If your lawyer says no-go (or you can't do this for another reason), post
back. Will need more details though, you're going to have to work out
exactly how it's all wired up before going further. I'd be wary about
hooking random wires up to the switches until you have a better idea of
what's going on. As the previous owners are a bit iffy, I'd take care around
anything they might have wired themselves!

Fraser.