Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default VCR damaged by AC overvoltage surge

"jimhigh66" wrote in message
lkaboutelectronicequipment.com...
Tnx James. I'm thinking made about 2002 -- I bought it late 2002. I KNOW
when the unit was subject to a power surge and that's when it failed.
However there might be other parts damaged as well and that's why I like
to know correct voltages and where to look for them.

Was it a surge, or was it a sag? Momentary losses and brownouts often
trigger an apparent failure once capacitors get worn out like this. The
power supply can run, barely, but then if the voltage dips down to the point
it shuts down, it can't start up again.